Monday, September 29, 2014

Art Club

Marcella, the other teaching fellow, has started an Art Club as requested by several Senior two students.  Mon-Thurs, any interested girls go to the library during sports time to color, paint, listen to music, and just relax.  The girls have a goal to sell the goods they make at Visitation Day, a monthly event when parents come to Maranyundo to see their daughters.

Each meeting brings slightly different supplies. Today the girls made their creations with solely crayons and card stock.  They did the typical Happy Birthday and Congratulations you could find anywhere.


But then some of their works had a definite Africa/Rwandan twist.


This is a drawing of Nelson Mandela inspired from one of the books in the library. Clearly Maranyundo has very talented artists!


This is a map of Rwanda!



I couldn't come and solely take pictures, so I sat down and drew out the only thing on my mind right now: Virginia Tech Football!  After I few students asked about the symbols, I talked about football traditions and my university. They were very impressed!

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment